Connecting NAS with ethernet to TP-Link M7350 - which Range Extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-24 09:26:58 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:52:16

Hallo, I have a TP-Link M7350. I want to connect my NAS which is ethernet. Will any Range Extender with ethernet port like TL-WA855RE or TL-WA850RE work or is there a specific one I need? Thanks and Merry Xmas.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting NAS with ethernet to TP-Link M7350 - which Range Extender?-Solution
2021-12-25 14:18:51 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:52:16

@IslandBoy 

TL-WA850RE would be the one you need:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Connecting NAS with ethernet to TP-Link M7350 - which Range Extender?-Solution
2021-12-25 14:18:51 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:52:16

@IslandBoy 

TL-WA850RE would be the one you need:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting NAS with ethernet to TP-Link M7350 - which Range Extender?
2021-12-28 11:19:04

@terziyski Thank you. Very helpful. I have visited the TP-Link product site, read the info there and downloaded the User Guide. It says (I think) that I could use this as a Range Extender and Ethernet port for my phone when theat is acting as a Mobile Hotspot. The site says

• Works with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point

Have I interpreted that right?

Thanks

Options
2021-12-28 12:13:35 - last edited 2021-12-28 12:13:51

@IslandBoy 

The main working modes are described in the device user guide as follows:

1. Range Extender - Chapter 2.2 (wireless clients)

2. Wireless Adapter - Chapter 4.1 (wired/wireless clients)

3. Access Point - Chapter 4.2 (wireless clients)

For connecting NAS with TP-Link M7350 wirelessly you should use the 2-nd scenario.

Options
2021-12-28 12:45:54

@terziyski Ok, thanks. Read and understand. Connecting my NAS via ethernet is precisely the objective.

The User Guide (and other docs) refer to Router and from the pics, these always look like a "normal" domestic router. What I am not certain about, is that will the TL-WA855RE connect to my Android phone when it is set to be a mobile hotspot. I would guess so because I can use it as a wi-fi network with mulltiple devices so it must "look like" a wi-fi router.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Options
2021-12-28 14:46:05

@IslandBoy 

"

Easy Installation & Quick Position
The extender works with any standard wireless router. Instantly connect the extender
to a router by pressing the router’s WPS button (if available) followed by the extender’s
WPS button. Alternatively, follow the Quick Setup instructions on the extender’s web
management page.
Once the extender is connected to a router, you can relocate it to your preferred location
with no further configuration required. The intelligent signal light can help to find the
best location

"

Based on that statement I would suggest that it will work with a mobile hotspot.

Options
2021-12-28 14:49:41

@terziyski 

Based on that statement I would suggest that it will work with a mobile hotspot.

I concur. Thanks for your reading of this. I will let you know how I get on. Will be a few days due to holiday / post.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1721

Replies: 6