Router and APs seamless roaming network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-25 00:09:20 - last edited 2021-12-25 02:15:36

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with an issue. In my house, I have a tp-link router I've been using to connect to for my wireless. To extend the signal to reach the backyard, I bought a tp-link access point. I got the access point set up and working perfectly right now; internet is working great. However, I was wondering if there was a same way for the AP and router to broadcast the same signal/network name(sorry if I don't know the proper way to describe this) so it can seamlessly grab the signal from whichever is stronger and not have to switch from one network to another?

The AP is a tp-link EAP245

The router is a tp-link AC3150

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router and APs seamless roaming network-Solution
2021-12-25 00:56:37 - last edited 2021-12-25 02:15:36

@Rugger11 

You can name the SSIDs the same name if you want. That's a standalone mode for EAP245.

Since you already have EAP245 which is a business grade device there's another option.

If that doesn't suit your needs and you want to go further with seamless roaming you may take a look at this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router and APs seamless roaming network-Solution
2021-12-25 00:56:37 - last edited 2021-12-25 02:15:36

@Rugger11 

You can name the SSIDs the same name if you want. That's a standalone mode for EAP245.

Since you already have EAP245 which is a business grade device there's another option.

If that doesn't suit your needs and you want to go further with seamless roaming you may take a look at this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router and APs seamless roaming network
2021-12-25 02:15:29

@terziyski Awesome, thanks. Before I do this, any downsides to doing so compared to keeping the networks seperate?

Options
Re:Router and APs seamless roaming network
2021-12-25 03:25:27

@Rugger11 

Well, when the networks are separated you'll always know which device you're connected to, but that's only matters when you're troubleshooting problems.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 3