Getting the err_network_changed error again and again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-26 07:24:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am getting the err_network_changed error again and again when browsing using Google Chrome. I don't get it all the time but often when buying stuff of accessing my bank online. But also from time to time when logging into an account somewhere on the Internet. It doesn't seem to happen when just doing casual browsing.

I am on a on new Windows 10 laptop and my network and all software is fully updated. My Internet access is high speed fiber with public IP and Nat type 2.

I am trying to localize where the issue is, has anyone seen this on a Deco mesh network before?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting the err_network_changed error again and again
2021-12-26 14:33:18 - last edited 2021-12-27 01:27:33

@kaja69 

You can Google for this error message and you'll find it is common for Chrome. Have you tried what workarounds and fixes they suggest?

Out of all causes, one got my attention: if laptop briefly disconnects and reconnects, this may trigger that error. Notably, that will mostly manifest itself during secure HTTPS connection, but won't be that much visible for casual browsing accessing web sites with HTTP prefix.

For that one, I can share recommendations. Follow each in order I listed and if any helps, you won't need to continue with the rest.

1. If you have WiFi on ISP router enabled, turn it off. This is to prevent laptop jumping between ISP router WiFi and Deco mesh WiFi. 

2. Turn off "MAC address randomization" in Windows 10 laptop if it is enabled. You may need to do it for WiFi overall, and for your home WiFi SSID specifically. Google for exact steps on how to do that in Windows 10.

3. Set static IP address for your laptop. If you run Deco mesh in its default, Router, mode, this is how you can do it: How to configure Address Reservation with Deco?

In case you run Deco mesh in Access Point mode, this you'll have to do on ISP Router, check its documentation for exact steps.

4. Turn off "Mesh" setting for your laptop, in Deco app.

5. If your laptop WiFi networking adapter allows to set "WiFi roaming aggressiveness," set it to lowest value. It could be setting named like in example below, or similar:

In that example, the value should be changed to Low.

-------------------

If nothing helps, bring one of Satellite Deco nodes to where laptop is, connect them by Ethernet cable, disable WiFi adapter in Windows so that laptop only uses wired Ethernet and see if problem goes away. If it does, you narrowed it down to WiFi adapter of your laptop, and while I can't help with anything more, you can check laptop support forums, specifically WiFi adapter related.

Also, if problem goes away and you can keep laptop connected to Satellite Deco by Ethernet cable, that would be good workaround.

Options
Re:Getting the err_network_changed error again and again
2021-12-27 16:25:07

Thank you so much for your help!! I'll try your recommondations and report back after a while if it works.

Options