Best Configuration for my home.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 14:26:42

I would like to understand what is the best configuration for my home.
My home has 3 floors (about 65 squared meters each) and the modem/router (Tim Hub with XDSL connection over Telephone line) is placed in the central floor.
From the place where the modem is placed there are 3 ethernet cables that reach each floor of the home.
I would like to have one unique and stable wifi-6 network that covers the whole home exploiting the ethernet cables (wired blackhaul connection).

Could you please suggest my the best solution for my home?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Samuele

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best Configuration for my home.
2021-12-29 16:19:24

@Baco 

You will need minimum three Deco nodes, one on each floor. Maybe more, depending on where Ethernet cables terminate and what walls are made of in your house. Before I can give more detailed recommendations for Deco hardware, please clarify the following: is modem/router located in the middle of the floor or at one of the corners? Also, where Ethernet cables terminate on other floors: in the middle of the floor or at the corner?

One more thing: according to what I googled, your Tim Hub router is 2.4GHz/5GHz. Does it provide good 5GHz coverage all over the house, does it provide good 2.4GHz coverage? That may help to guesstimate number of Deco nodes you'll need per each floor.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles