Deco P9 fast Ethernet, slow Wi-FI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 09:28:38
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: !.13

I recently acquired set of 3 Deco P9 (refurbished). All working but I don't get the wi-fi speed I hoped for. I have BT fibre 500mbps speed coming in, connecting to the P9 directly from the ONT/modem. The Ethernet speed out of the second P9 port of the main P9 Router (servicing my PC etc) gives me a speed of about 450 mbps as expected. However the wi-fi speed from the same router is only around 30 mbps even though the the it has 500 mbps feed from the modem plugged straight into it! The wi-fi speeds around the other 2 P9s is similar ie 30 mbps at best. Before setting up the P9s the BT home hub had a wi-fi speed (close up) of around the same, so this is not new exactly. I'm sort of pleased with the P9s as I now have one wi-fi network around the house with a consistent speed, but not so much as the potential of my fibre in not being utilised. Anyone got any ideas about what is going on??

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 0

Related Articles