Accessing tplinkrepeater web ui

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 21:23:23 - last edited 2022-01-03 05:03:38
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20211029 Rel. 57236

I am having trouble connecting to the web management page for my tp extender at http://tplinkrepeater.net/

I have been abe to access the web management page once when I was first setting up the device, but since then, I have been unable to access the web management page. I was able to access it once on a mobile phone since then, but since I could not update the firm ware from that device, it was unhelpful. Now, since that one time, i have been unable to access the management page again from that device.
Every attempt to access the management page as one of two results, seemingly at random. The most common result is http://tplinkrepeater.net/ give me a page that says "Trying to Configure the Range Extender? It looks like you may have run into an issue" at the top. I have tried every suggestion given on the page, but I still can not get to the actual management page even when I have repeatedly confirmed that I am connected to the extender. When I try to connect directly via the device's IP address, it only ever tells me that the device took too long to respond and the connection attempt timed out.

I did finally manage to update the firmware of the extender by doing a factory reset, then setting it up again like it was a brand new device. Doing this allowed me to enter the management page, create a new password, and update the firmware. However, as soon as the extender is set up to extend the local wifi network, I am immediately kicked out of the management page. 

Is there some setting that is wrong or is there some way for me to be able to change settings after I have connected the extender to the internet? Right now the device is more of a hassle than it is worth since any change of anything requires a factory reset to change settings.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Accessing tplinkrepeater web ui
2022-01-04 10:32:41

@ DogLover449 It's a chronic problem with this and other TP-Link repeaters, and they don't do anything to fix it... do this there are two alternative ways to connect to the repeater... by downloading the Tether app from TP-LINK through it you can connect and even find out the IP that the router has released for the Repeater and with this IP you can access the repeater's page again, another option is to log right in through the router and see the tmb IP assigned to the repeater and with that you will also be able to re-enter the repeater configuration page....hope I helped.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 1