Is it possible to create one wifi net with router archer AC1200 VR400 and DECO E4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to create one wifi net with router archer AC1200 VR400 and DECO E4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 18:15:04
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

We used to have one wifi network done by 3pcs of Deco E4 but we had to change type of provider to VDSL so I bought router/modem Archer VR400 which should support Mesh. I though that I would be able to set it up in the same way as previous but now we have to have two separate wifi nets - one created by Archer and the second one created by Deco E4. My question is if/how it is possible to create just one wifi network as before with this set up. Thanks for the tips.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to create one wifi net with router archer AC1200 VR400 and DECO E4?
2022-01-05 05:01:04 - last edited 2022-01-09 01:18:52

@Hajny 

While VR400 supports OneMesh, the Deco mesh is different technology and they are not interoperable - see the difference and OneMesh FAQ - Q3/A3.

The simplest thing you could do is to name the VR400s SSIDs the same as Deco E4 SSIDs.

But this way you'll still have two separate networks - one from the VR400 and another one from the Deco E4 mesh, introducing a double NAT as well.

What I would do is to set VR400 in bridge mode (with wireless radio disabled) (if that's possible with your ISP - example) and retain your Deco E4 original configuration.

If that's not possible you could use VR400 in DSL modem router mode (with wireless radio disabled) and set the Deco in AP mode.

In both cases you should have a mesh network with Deco E4 the same way as before without introducing a double NAT in your network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options