Netflix Not Running on Archer AX50 Wireless Network (Wired works fine)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 04:37:58
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485

I've rebooted, I've tried the related fixes found on this forum and elsewhere, but I'm stumped!

Netflix will not load on any wireless device on the wireless network. My phone and TV cannot connect. My sister-in-law tried to connect on her phone under a different sign in, but could not. The app on the TV times out and provides an error message, while the app on the phone spins endlessly trying to load. I can watch Netflix on my desktop computer which is hard-wired to my router.

So, the issue seems to be WiFi only. I have changed my settings to Automatic. I've adjusted the MTU size to 1400 as suggested in another forum. Still no change.

Any thoughts and solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Netflix Not Running on Archer AX50 Wireless Network (Wired works fine)
2022-01-05 13:23:12

@cgwhaler 

is it happening on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies ? or do you have SMART CONNECT turned ON ?

if you have SMART CONNECT turned ON, turn it OFF and connect to either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz SSiD and check if netflix shows up now.

by the way use WPA2-PSK and AES for the encryption for maximum security.

if still the same, try changing the WIRELESS MODE from "802.11a/n/ac/ax" to just "802.11a/n/ac mixed" and check netflix again.

if it works on "802.11a/n/ac mixed" ... it means TP-LINK borked the wifi on the AX50, I also own this router and it currently is just in AP mode since i used a different router for the main router, the main router is running OPENWRT and I have SQM installed on it to auto manage bandwidth for my devices.

i hope this helps.

Options
2022-01-05 13:35:18

@CHIBOMAN 

thanks for your reply! I am not on Smart Connect. I changed the settings as directed, still having the same issues on phone and TV. There were a few different wireless settings- I was already on the one you had recommended. I tried switching to the other two, but no dice. 

Thanks again for your advice- any other ideas?

Options
2022-01-05 13:43:57
Updating this: I had Smart Connect on briefly a few days ago, thinking that might help. 5G is now not showing up as a wireless option.
Options
2022-01-05 13:56:09

@cgwhaler 

its normal not to see the 5Ghz frequency when you turn on SMART CONNECT since it combines the SSiD or network name to just one name, usually the name of the 2.4Ghz network and the router manages which devices connect to the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz frequencies.

really weird problem you got there, sorry i can't test netflix on my own network since i don't have a netflx account. I just use "https://hifi2007reviews.com/ocean-streamz-apk/" to stream media.

was it working before the latest firmware update ? maybe downgrading to the previous firmware will fix it but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Options
2022-01-08 23:28:55

@CHIBOMAN 

Same problem.  Following. 

Options
2022-01-09 09:32:30 - last edited 2022-01-09 09:33:06

@cgwhaler 

I managed to get Netflix, YT and Google TV to work when under IPv6  - MAC Clone -  Router Mac Adress I set it to Clone Current Device Mac. I have now just one iPhone that connects to network but without internet. Also changed my DNS adresses to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Can't believe I paid for my AX55 $100, it's a piece of crap.

Options
2022-01-09 12:52:19

@JohnnyD.43 

I am not seeing anywhere that I can change my DNS. I've been in the settings there, but it's not clear to me how to do it. Admittedly, I'm a bit out of my depth fiddling with these kinds of settings. 

I have not downgraded firmware, but other threads have indicated that doesn't do anything. This seems to be a common enough problem on these devices that I am honestly confused why there has not been a patch to address it. 

At this point, I'm considering buying a different router or a different TV that can hardwire in. Dealing with this for over a month is ridiculous. 

Options
2022-01-09 13:22:38

@cgwhaler 

DNS is under DHCP Server and anywhere you can find but I found a fix for my problem. My connection Internet Connection type is PPPoE.

1) I did reset via rooter small hole

2) Connected everything, joined the Wifi and then waitedt till I was able to enter http://192.168.0.1

3) Started the setup

4) I deselected Smart Connect and enabled therefore 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz separately

5) Did not update and deselected automatic updates.

6) Basically set password and thats's all.

and voila, every item in house works, 12 gadgets in total. Some I set to use 5Ghz and some 2.4Ghz.

Did not change any DNS or anything else.

Options
2022-01-09 14:59:51

@JohnnyD.43 

Pin reset for the win! We're back up. Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1350

Replies: 9

Related Articles