Internet connection is dropping periodically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet connection is dropping periodically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Internet connection is dropping periodically
2022-01-10 23:40:26

@Alexandre. Thank you very much for your feedback and advice.  I am in the process of trying to detemine which of my cable lines that may be causing the signal drop affecting the cable modem.  I am currently only connecting the main line to the cable modem to see if I cam make it a dayy without a loss in connection.  My guess is that I have some pretty old cables connected to each of the tv's(3 of them). Hopefully it will not take long to figure our which one it is.   If this does not do it, it will be a call for a technician to come out witha meter to figure it out.   I appreciate the help. 

Thanks!

Options
Re:Internet connection is dropping periodically
2022-02-17 20:18:18

@Alexandre. 

Thank you for your help on this issue.  I believe that I found the root cause of the issue.  There was a bad connector in the cable wire for a TV in the drop ceiling in the basement.  This came from a process of elimination of disconnection of all the wiring involved over time. Replaced the entire cable, no more service drop!  Modem is no longer cycling. 

Thanks again! 

Options
Related Articles