Cant update my C8 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant update my C8 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cant update my C8 router
Cant update my C8 router
2022-01-06 12:18:10 - last edited 2022-03-02 12:42:35
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: v1

Hi i cant update my C8 router to Archer C8(EU)_V3_180126. what can be the problem?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant update my C8 router-Solution
2022-01-06 13:40:17 - last edited 2022-03-02 12:42:35

@Brigx 

If your device is with different FW region or HW version then it probably the device won't let you upgrade with FW for another region or HW version:

"

Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.

Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8);   Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)

How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?

"

These notes are present on the FW download page for every device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant update my C8 router-Solution
2022-01-06 13:40:17 - last edited 2022-03-02 12:42:35

@Brigx 

If your device is with different FW region or HW version then it probably the device won't let you upgrade with FW for another region or HW version:

"

Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.

Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8);   Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)

How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?

"

These notes are present on the FW download page for every device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 1

Related Articles