WDS setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDS setup
WDS setup
2013-07-25 06:05:37
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to set up a SOHO network for myself, which involves two wireless AP/Routers, setup in WDS bridging mode, and the rest of the wired network.

So it goes: Internet(ADSL)--> TD-W8968 ))) TL-WR941ND ---Network switch---wired PCs+printer ))) Wireless laptops

The problem I am getting is that although both TD and TL are setup on the WDS, and have scanned and associated correctly, there doesn't seem to be any data interchange. I cannot ping the TD from the wired PCs. The wireless laptops can connect to either TD or TL, but cannot get data to cross the bridge. The wireless laptops can connect to the TD directly, and get the internet.

With WDS enabled on the TD I can get to the TL, and the other devices, but cannot get to the internet. With WDS enabled on the TL all I can get is the devices behind it.

I have followed TPLINK FAQ

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDS setup
2013-08-21 09:57:17
Have you disabled the DHCP server on WR941ND?
It's recommended that you use the WDS mode of TD-W8968 to connect to WR941ND instead of the other way around.
Options
2013-08-21 10:12:50
I did, yes.

Gave up trying to make it work, so attempted a flash to openwrt, ended up bricking it.

Found an older access point TL-WA601G that was able to work in client mode happily.
Options
2014-02-03 00:06:17
I am having the same problem! (Three WR1042 routers) Tearing out my hair for the past week! Main access point router is 192.168.1.1 and set for DHCP and wired to Comcast cable modem. I have two WDS nodes (also WR1042) about 200 ft away.(192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3. All settings appear correct and I can see the 1.1 router on the wireless survey at about 26db. DHCP off and all the security settings have been checked and rechecked. Add to the confusion, the GUI menus come and go with no apparent reason. I have loaded the new 3.15 firmware with no real change in operating characteristics. Does the root router need to have WDS enabled? If so, there is only one box so only one WDS node is allowed?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 3

Related Articles