can I connect to a second existing deco network ( not at my home ) with the same tp-link-id

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

can I connect to a second existing deco network ( not at my home ) with the same tp-link-id

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-07 09:53:32 - last edited 2022-01-11 05:56:45
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 build 20190926 rel. 55727

hi,

I try to connect   my app  to  a  second deco  existing deco network. but when I will create a second  network I need  to  follow  the procedure like it is a new  installation ?

is that  normal  ? I don't want mess with the network. I want only manage it.

thanks  in advance,

Jonay

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:can I connect to a second existing deco network ( not at my home ) with the same tp-link-id-Solution
2022-01-07 14:39:48 - last edited 2022-01-11 05:56:45

Who is the owner of that foreign network just needs to add your email (= tplink id) to the Administrators in their Deco app.
Then you you open your Deco app and login using your email, you can change in the hamburger menu bwteen your network and that foreign network (in the menu changes from owner to adminsitaror by then) and manage it.

I have my own deco network but also manage a foreign deco like this, it works perfectly.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:can I connect to a second existing deco network ( not at my home ) with the same tp-link-id-Solution
2022-01-07 14:39:48 - last edited 2022-01-11 05:56:45

Who is the owner of that foreign network just needs to add your email (= tplink id) to the Administrators in their Deco app.
Then you you open your Deco app and login using your email, you can change in the hamburger menu bwteen your network and that foreign network (in the menu changes from owner to adminsitaror by then) and manage it.

I have my own deco network but also manage a foreign deco like this, it works perfectly.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 1

Related Articles