One pod flashing blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One pod flashing blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
One pod flashing blue
One pod flashing blue
2022-01-08 12:01:07 - last edited 2022-01-10 10:45:13

HI

Apologies if this question has been asked before. I have recently bought the AC1100 to solve my continual wifi issue in the attic and it has been very good except one of the pods is flashing blue.

I have 3 pods, one at the router, one on first floor and one in the attic. The two down stair show a continuous white color but the one in the attic is flashing blue

I have read that it means ready for set up but i cannot figure where on the App do i add this pod or activate this pod.  I did not set up the system myself initially so i am a bit lost so any guidance would be great

thanks

Karl 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:One pod flashing blue-Solution
2022-01-08 14:39:16 - last edited 2022-01-10 10:45:13

@Karlom 

This TP-Link FAQ might help: Adding an additional unit to your TP-Link Deco network

Hint #1: Bring attic pod to the room where your Main Deco is (it'll be one at the router, most likely), for initial setup the new pod will need strong WiFi signal between it and Main Deco. After you've added that pod successfully to your Deco mesh, you can move it back to its permanent place in the attic.

Hint #2: in Step 3, you can select any layout if there is none similar to what your house has, that selection would not have impact on Deco configuration and performance.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:One pod flashing blue-Solution
2022-01-08 14:39:16 - last edited 2022-01-10 10:45:13

@Karlom 

This TP-Link FAQ might help: Adding an additional unit to your TP-Link Deco network

Hint #1: Bring attic pod to the room where your Main Deco is (it'll be one at the router, most likely), for initial setup the new pod will need strong WiFi signal between it and Main Deco. After you've added that pod successfully to your Deco mesh, you can move it back to its permanent place in the attic.

Hint #2: in Step 3, you can select any layout if there is none similar to what your house has, that selection would not have impact on Deco configuration and performance.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 1

Related Articles