Connect a Deco P9 as CPL slave of a Freeplug delta

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 10:43:07 - last edited 2022-01-13 09:37:53
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I bought a pack of 3 Deco P9 to provide network (Ethernet + Wifi) throughout my house.

I have thick walls so I choose this model to cross them thanks to CPL:
"Signal Works through Walls - Transmit data using your home’s electrical wiring, no worries about Wi-Fi dragging down by walls or ceilings." (1)

I also chose this model because it supports the HomePlug AV2 standard:
"Powerline Speeds: HomePlug AV2 1000 Mbps" (2)

I want to use the Freeplug of my Freebox delta as CPL master. It also supports the HomePlug AV2 standard:
"ils intègrent la norme la plus avancée Homeplug AV2 MIMO" (3)

Thanks to the Homeplug AV2 standard, it should be possible to connect a Deco P9 as slave an other master CPL device which supports the Homeplug AV2 standard. But there is no button on Deco P9 to launch the CPL association, and the installation wizard of the Deco P9 forces you to choose a Deco P9 as CPL master.

So currently I have to choose a Deco P9 as CPL master and connect it to my Freebox by Ethernet to make it working. That means I will have to buy an additional Deco P9 to be able to put 3 Deco P9 where I need them + 1 Deco P9 connected directly on my Freebox by Ethernet, while I bought this kit precisely because it supports the Homeplug AV2 standard to connect them as CPL slaves of my Freeplug as CPL master, with no need to buy a fourth Deco P9. So I'm not satisfied at all.

Does anyone have a solution to connect my 3 Deco P9 as CPL slaves of my Freeplug as CPL master please?

(1): https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/deco-p9/
(2): https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/deco-p9/#specifications
(3): https://www.universfreebox.com/article/47835/Freebox-Delta-les-Freeplugs-derniere-generation-font-leurs-preuves

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect a Deco P9 as CPL slave of a Freeplug delta
2022-01-13 09:22:09

@MrTimber 

I don’t think Deco P9 is able to set up a power-line network with other CPL devices, except with P9/P7(sad, P7 was end of life).

Even I have their own powerline adapters, TL-WPA8630 kit, the master adapter TL-PA8010 needs to be always wired to the main P9(or other satellite P9 units) in order to get the extender TL-WPA8630 work well.

Without TL-PA8010, 8630 did not work.

Options
Re:Connect a Deco P9 as CPL slave of a Freeplug delta
2022-01-27 15:02:16

@MrTimber 

Re: Connect a Deco P9 as BPL slave of a Freeplug delta

Response from TP-Link Support:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TP-Link Technical Support

The Deco P7/P9 cannot work with others BPL. The BPL backhaul only works with Deco P7/p9 from the same Deco network: https://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/faq/2401/

My response to their response:

Hello,

So you confirm to me that the "Deco P7/P9 cannot work with other PLCs".

I find this outrageous when the Deco P9 is advertised as complying with the Homeplug AV2 standard, which is supposed to guarantee the interoperability of hardware from different manufacturers.

Especially since you know how to do it, since it works with some of your other older BPL products, as someone testifies on a forum:
"Pairing of 2 delta-type freeplugs with two TP-link 1000 (TL-PA7020P KIT(FR)) without worries. The master being the delta's freeplug."

So I have to buy an additionnal Deco P9 to be able to cover my house, and therefore in fact two additional Deco P9s, since they are not sold individually, which almost doubles my budget!

Best regards,
Olivier Blanc
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles