Is the Amazon Eero 6 router compatible with TP-Link Deco mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 18:11:01 - last edited 2022-01-13 00:50:29
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've been offered an upgrade with my internet service provider TalkTalk ,as part of which I get a new router - the Amazon Eero 6. I know the Eero is mesh compatible, but what I want to work out is if it is compatible with the TP-Link Deco mesh system. I also have 3 TP-Link Deco nodes, and what I don't want to do is upgrade to the new router and find out my existing nodes don't work and the Eero router is only compatible with Eero mesh. I can't find the answer anywhere online. Can anyone help??

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is the Amazon Eero 6 router compatible with TP-Link Deco mesh?
2022-01-12 21:13:06 - last edited 2022-01-13 00:50:29

@ABrookes 

Deco mesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology and it is not compatible with other mesh networks.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Is the Amazon Eero 6 router compatible with TP-Link Deco mesh?
2022-01-26 21:27:25

@ABrookes if you are upgrading to a fibre optic package then openreach with fix an ONT on your inside wall. This is effectively a modem and your Deco will plug straight into this and work. I have just done the same and the switch was relatively pain free. My only issue is that the Deco is only giving me about 200-300 download on wifi whereas the Eero gives me the full 500. It might be a settings issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 6758

Replies: 2

Related Articles