Different SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Different SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Different SSID
Different SSID
2022-01-16 00:56:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi, I separate my network band. 5ghz to my Main Network and i add Guest network with 2.4ghz. My auntie said that why is her video chat lagging and when we run speed test it has 200+mbps download speed and 40+mbps upload speed with 4ms. She is the only one who connect in 5ghz. While us is in 2.4ghz with fast connection. Does 2.4ghz with different ssid affect the connection of 5ghz with different ssid too?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Different SSID
2022-01-16 01:44:21

@NeedHelp0192 

If your auntie's mobile device can connect to 5GHz, it should be able to connect to 2.4Ghz. Make that device forget Deco Main Network, connect it to Guest Network and see if lagging goes away.

If it does not, the problem must be with the device or with video chat app, not with Deco. If lag disappears, problem is solved and that's what matters. Just keep her device connected to Guest Network.

Deco WiFi 2.4GHz will not affect Deco WiFi 5GHz.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 201

Replies: 1

Related Articles