Just Wifi to Ethernet without range extension? Possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-18 18:58:55

Hello.

Im trying to solve a very simple problem thet doesnt seem to have a simple solution. I have a wifi and accesspoints in my house and it works great. The problem is that i want to hookup my heatpump to the internet to be able to buy electricity when its cheap. The problem is that the heatpump only has an ethernet connection and there is no good way for me to get a TP-cable to the room where the heatpump is. But since i have great wifi coverage, the solution should be some kind of Wifi to ethernet bridge. Since i dont need any kind of performance (5mbps is fine), but that seems to be impossibel to find one...

Currently im using a Raspberry Pi that forward all traffic from wifi to ethernet. It works, but i would like to use my raspberry for other projects and buy a working and stable solution instead.

I know there are "range extenders" that have an ethernet jack. And that would work if you could disable the "extender"-part. Since i have great wifi coverage and i dont need an extender, that would only disturb my current wifi. I have tried with a range extender befor and one more radio device shouting only made performance worse on all the other APs.

I need a way to plug something into a wall socket, connect to a wifi and extend the wifi to an ethernet device, without disturbing my current wifi. Simple problem with a hard solution. Anyone have any ideas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 0

Related Articles