Archer C7 can't update firmware when WDS Bridging is on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-24 15:47:04 - last edited 2022-11-18 11:13:49
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2

Hi,

when the WDS Bridging is running, (this router is an extension of my main network. The wan port is not used), and I want to validate if my C7 router has an update, I have the message that there is no internet. All devices connected to this router have internet access (lan and wifi port). Do I have to put a static route or a particular setting so that the router is able to go on the internet and thus do its updates?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C7 can't update firmware when WDS Bridging is on-Solution
2022-01-24 22:29:29 - last edited 2022-11-18 11:13:49

@Dominiqued 

This is a known issue when using WDS.

Since the router WAN port isn't connected, the automatic FW update check won't work as well as getting time automatically from the Internet.

But you can always do that manually (Case 1) from the Archer C7 FW page.

Just make sure that you're using the correct FW region and HW version stated on the bottom sticker - check this link for details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 can't update firmware when WDS Bridging is on-Solution
2022-01-24 22:29:29 - last edited 2022-11-18 11:13:49

@Dominiqued 

This is a known issue when using WDS.

Since the router WAN port isn't connected, the automatic FW update check won't work as well as getting time automatically from the Internet.

But you can always do that manually (Case 1) from the Archer C7 FW page.

Just make sure that you're using the correct FW region and HW version stated on the bottom sticker - check this link for details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C7 can't update firmware when WDS Bridging is on
2022-01-25 16:25:06
ok Thank you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 842

Replies: 2

Related Articles