Archer C64 parental control problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-24 19:13:16
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Hello.

I set up yesterdy the following parental rule for a smart device:

Basic Info tab: Only this device is affected (it has fix IP)

Blocked content tab: empty (so I suppose everything should be blocked, but it does not really matter)

Time Conrols tab: every day is set up to Good night: 00:00, Good morning: 23:59 (so I suppose it gets 1 minute of Internet time)

The overview does not show any Internet acces restriction and I could reach the device the whole day via mobie net throught the cloud based app.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C64 parental control problem
2022-01-24 22:23:12 - last edited 2022-01-24 22:58:26

@xwsjfx 

You should put a keyword which is part of an URL - check your router user guide - Chapter 7 - Parental Controls.

Leaving "Blocked content tab: empty" won't restrict access to any Internet resource.

Restricting access to a smart device by router Parental Controls most probably won't work for you, because you have to know the exact URL/keyword that the smart device is using to communicate with its cloud (it can be even hardcoded IP address in its FW).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-01-25 06:57:00

@terziyski 

Thanks for the idea, but my main point is this:

Time Conrols tab: every day is set up to Good night: 00:00, Good morning: 23:59 (so I suppose it gets 1 minute of Internet time)

I would not care where my device connects in that 1 minute, but the rest of the day should be completely restricted to the internet. And this is not happening, I can reach the device from the cloud app.

Options
2022-01-26 00:39:39

@xwsjfx 

I got your point, but I was trying to explain the difference between Parental Controls implementation within different device models.

What you're aiming for is described here - Example 3, whilst the Parental Controls in C64 is implemented differently - check this guide.

If you have an Internet Access "pause" button (described at the bottom of the guide) you can use it to test if that will work for you. 

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 3