AX90 list of clients on the network map is incomplete

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 15:57:25
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20210903 rel.39200(4555)

I've just taken delivery of an Archer AX90 today to replace my previous Archer C4000, and mostly I'm very happy. (The loss of the traffic monitor is annoying, but never mind.)

I want to make sure all my fixed DHCP entries have meaningful names. Unlike in the C4000, I can't edit the name in the DHCP reservation itself - but I can do it in the Network Map UI. Unfortunately, that doesn't include all the devices that are actually online. The network map is only showing 29 entries, whereas the DHCP Client List shows 48 clients. Why would some clients not show up in the Network Map? There are specific ones I'm looking for which are definitely online (because I can use them, and they're in the client list) but which aren't showing up on the map, which means I can't rename them :(

Any suggestions?

Options
7 Reply
Re:AX90 list of clients on the network map is incomplete
2022-07-29 01:50:58

@JonSkeet , DHCP is being handled by the AX90 or by other device in the network?

Options
2022-07-29 06:38:38

@Cattalins The AX90 is the only DHCP server on the network.

Options
2022-07-29 10:30:37

@JonSkeet 

Are you running firmware 1.1.8?

The missing devices have static IP's?

Are they wireless or wired?

Are they connected direct to the router, or behind a switch, access point, or other network device?

---

I saw similar issue when DHCP is OFF (instead of AUTO) and/or when the device had a static IP (instead of DHCP reservation)

Options
2022-07-29 10:33:58

@Cattalins Can't check on firmware right now (on holiday). I believe all the devices involved are using DHCP though. Almost everything is behind another switch or two (lots of devices spread out around the house). Some alha e reservations, others don't.

Options
2022-07-29 10:55:17

@JonSkeet 

I did not understand the last phrase (alha e?)

On AX90 you see all devices in the DHCP list, but they are missing in the network map, is that correct?

If the missing devices are being served by DHCP, you can try to reduce the DHCP lease time, so the list can be updated more often. 

(I do use 2 minutes + address reservation, and my network map seems quite right)

Note that if you reboot the router, devices that have fixed IP or address reservation, can be missing

I don't know a workaround for this, except to reboot the client too

In case they have static IP, ceck if network mask (subnet) is the same as the rest of the network (and they do belong to the same network as the AX90).

Perhaps you could have a loop in your network?

For example, you can have a loop when you connect your AX90 to both switches, and connect both switches together.

Or instead, if you connect the switches using two different ports at the same time.

---

I did observe the missing network map when AX90 was in Router mode and DHCP OFF

I have three in AP Mode and DHCP AUTO

They are connected by a switch

DHCP is served by other device

Options
2022-07-29 11:00:19

@Cattalins That was a typo - on mobile, didn't spot the mistake. Some have reservations, others don't.

Can't check anything else right now - on holiday as noted before, hundreds of miles from the router. Will look again when I'm back home.

Options
2022-08-01 07:08:57

@Cattalins Okay, I'm back home now, so can check more things:

Firmware is now 1.1.8 Build 20220321 rel.13967(4555), so that's fine.

The DHCP lease time is 120 minutes, and the router has been up for far, far longer than that (some network map entries show a duration of 47 days, and the internet connection last changed status 17 days ago), so that really shouldn't be the issue.

Currently the network map is showing 23 clients, whereas the DHCP server page is showing 66 clients - that's a pretty large difference. There are no other issues in the network (and note that the AX90 is clearly *aware* of the missing devices as they're showing up on the DHCP server page).

This is only an annoyance rather than a major problem, so I think I'll just let it lie at this point.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 8