Discovery Tool for Tp-Link's APs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-26 03:18:12
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telecom

Good morning,
We are using several access points (different models from TP-Link product line), in our network (actually, we could say more than 200 devices); due we have too many, we need to use a
different IP range in order to access each one. We also use Ubiquiti product (including a different IP range): each Ubiquiti NanoStarion M5 has already installed an access point from TP-Link,
providing wi.fi services. My question is quit simple: in order to simplify the network management considering differents subnets with differents IP range, is TP-Link considering to develope an
utility software (like Ubiquiti Discovery - see at www.ubnt.com) to help to find TP-Link AP devices in a different IP range like Ubiquiti Discovery software does?. We are planning to include
another 150/200 devices during next year and we prefer to use TP-Link AP products BUT Ubiquiti has this minor advantage (from network management perspective) that simplify the
management associated. Please consider that at the end of year 2013 we´ll be using more than 400's APs devices. Thanks for your quick response or comments.

BPR,
-Guillermo.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Discovery Tool for Tp-Link's APs
2013-07-27 20:54:00
Here we are just customers like you, so don't think someone can provide you an affirmative answer.
if you want to confirm this, you'd better email to support@tp-link.com
Options
Re:Discovery Tool for Tp-Link's APs
2013-08-10 20:32:13
hii all,

i see this topic has old posts. but i wonder, is there any management system of TP-LINK devices.
Cause in my hotel we'r using many more 200 AP's.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11993

Replies: 2