Massive Delay while connecting to Any application/Firestick etc (NO problem with Speed)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Massive Delay while connecting to Any application/Firestick etc (NO problem with Speed)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-29 07:07:18
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hello,

There is a massive noticeable delay when opening any type of Application in Mobiles or while using Firestick devices (or any other device for that matter). It takes up to nearly half a minute to a minute to establish an internet connection.

I have also 100% confirmed this is a problem with the Deco M4 devices. I connected to my ISP's router and also via Mobile internet and there is absolutely no delay observed at all in that regard.

This was never an issue with the older firmware (1.4.3). 

I just recently changed my ISP & speed isn't the problem with the Deco even after the ISP change. I receive good speeds over the Deco even now but it seems to take WAY too long to establish connections. 

I have been having Deco M4s for a year, but this was never an issue. Once the app opens up and the connection gets established, speeds are fine. 

Steps that were done from my end:

.ON/OFF/Rebooted the Deco's (multiple times)

.Updated firmware to the 2 Beta's posted in the forum (but didn't work)

. Unticked/ticked UNPNP (didn't work)

Would appreciate your help in this issue. I genuinely wish I could downgrade to the older firmware.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Massive Delay while connecting to Any application/Firestick etc (NO problem with Speed)
2022-01-29 09:42:00

I solved it on my own.

The trick was to "Remove" all Decos & fresh install Decos all over again. (Basically similar to a fresh installation of an operating system)

I am not able to pinpoint why this worked, but it could due be a potential internal clash with the new ISP.

Anyone facing similar issues should try this. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 1

Related Articles