Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet backhaul
Ethernet backhaul
2022-01-30 21:38:47 - last edited 2022-01-30 22:50:35
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who can help me figure out how to fix my Ethernet backhaul to both my deco X90. Wifi-backhaul works okay, but isn't reaching the speed that I need.

In the TP-link manual, I see that for a Ethernet backhaul, dhcp must disabeld within the modem (or any other device in the network), so the main-deco can become the dhcp-server.

The issue that I'm facing is that the deco's are only able to connect to internet if the dhcp on my modem is enabled. I've tried resetting my deco's, but can't get it to work.

The setup of my network is as follows:

modem > gigabit switch > Main deco

Main Deco > " > second deco

The gigabit switch that I use is a dumb switch, so should broadcast everything. The reason I'm using a dumb switch between the modem and deco's is because I've read that the modem can sometimes block the requests that are send over the Ethernet backhaul to both deco's. I've tried though, but didn't help. 
I'm unable to connect the main deco directly to the second one, since only one cable is running to both locations.

to be sure that the cables ain't the problem, I've tested those as well, which work fine at a 1000mbps.

I'm definitely doing something wrong, but can't seem to find the issue. Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ethernet backhaul-Solution
2022-01-30 22:46:07 - last edited 2022-01-30 22:50:35
After a few hours of research, I found out that the current setup is only supported when using the deco units in AP mode. See: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1794/ I’m hoping that they’ll enable backhaul over a front switch in the future. For now, it'll suffice.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul-Solution
2022-01-30 22:46:07 - last edited 2022-01-30 22:50:35
After a few hours of research, I found out that the current setup is only supported when using the deco units in AP mode. See: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1794/ I’m hoping that they’ll enable backhaul over a front switch in the future. For now, it'll suffice.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 1

Related Articles