Why no Mesh update on Archer C8?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-31 11:15:59
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hello!

As stated in subject, I would like to know why there is no Mesh available on Archer C8 router? You did an update for C7, why no on C8?

I have range extender RE605x and it is not the most convenient way of using it without Mesh support on Archer C8.

I'm thinking of just selling router and extender and move to Asus platform, which looks far superior in compatibility regard and they seem to value more customers of a few years old HW with updates.

Yes - I could also buy some Mesh compatible TP-link router, but than again it is probably better to pay a bit more and move to Mesh system.

Btw are there any differences (not in term of different technology), but in term of speed and stability if I have One Mesh compatible router+extender, or with the Deco Mesh 2-piece system, like X20?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why no Mesh update on Archer C8?
2022-01-31 12:58:02

@Whee1 

Check here the difference between Deco and OneMesh. Deco is more superior mesh system than OneMesh.

A possible scenario when you already own a wireless router and want to introduce a Deco system in your network is described here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 1

Related Articles