Unrecognised MAC Addresses appeared on my Access Control List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-02 07:42:47

Some MAC addresses that I don't recognize appear on the Access Control list to Blacklist in Traffic Monitor. The MACs on Access Control that I recognize have names and display the channel they are on. In the device name column, I see three "ghost" MAC addresses that don't specify which channel they're on (since I don't have anything hardwired). On a daily basis, they all show traffic utilisation in the kb to mb range.

TuqueroIMKJernalyn

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unrecognised MAC Addresses appeared on my Access Control List
2022-02-02 19:29:06

@TuqueroIMKJerna 

You can put these MACs in this web page (https://macvendors.com/) and determine what their vendor is, wich eventually would help you to identify the devices.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Unrecognised MAC Addresses appeared on my Access Control List
2022-03-08 07:30:55

There is an easy and better way

• just log on to router's administrative panel (usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1)
  • look for a tab named or starting with or containing Interface, go to Local Area Network or LAN from there and you'll see a DHCP Clients Table.

This table identifies all devices connected to the router by the device name, IP address and MAC address. On a Netgear router, click the “Attached Devices” link in the left navigation panel under the Maintenance heading.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 2

Related Articles