Suggestion to extend network to study

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-03 13:04:12 - last edited 2022-02-08 01:15:06

I currently have 2x AC750 wireless routers, one is connected to my fibre provider while the other one is on the other side of the house and acts as an access point to the 'main' AC750.

I would like to add some kind of Access point to take connect my desktops to the network without having them use the wifi, (having a cable it more stable when I am working).

I could run a cable from the router to my desktop, but that only gives me one access point.

Can anybody recommend a switch or something that would allow me to connect at lease 2 desktops and 2 laptops.

I am worried that something like the TP-Link TL-SF1005P might not be the best for my current network, (or it might be an overkill).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Suggestion to extend network to study
2022-02-03 23:09:53 - last edited 2022-02-08 01:15:06

@FFMG 

Here are some decent switches that could do the job.

I would recommend LS1005G as it is 1gbps capable for future network enhancement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 1

Related Articles