WDS option not available?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 08:25:09
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200915 Rel.56357n(5553)

I want to connect my tenda router wirelessly and it needs WDS. But I am not able to find WDS option in my tp link router. So I want to know whether this model has WDS option available or not?

Options
4 Reply
Re:WDS option not available?
2022-02-04 12:49:34

@Bhavneet 

You should have Range Extender in Operation Mode:

Here's how to configure C20 in Range Extender mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-04 15:30:16

@terziyski the thing is I only have a wited modem and this routerbis connected to it as a main router. So I can't use it in that mode

Options
2022-02-04 18:27:14

@Bhavneet 

Obviously I misunderstood your intention.

When building a WDS only the extended device needs to be configured.

In your case configuration for WDS should be made on your Tenda router only.

If that doesn't work you can swap the routers - set your Tenda as a main router and set the Archer C20 in RE mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-05 05:30:07

Model: Archer C6

Hardware Version: V3.20

Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 20210513 rel.63256(5553)

Root/Main Router - GX Earth 4222

I dont have any issue in searching the 5GHz network on the survey but wds function is not working on 5GHz it works on 2.4GHz but only till the router is rebooted. 

"I went to "System Tools -> System Parameters -> 5GHz WDS", then I opened "Developer tools" in Chrome (CTRL+SHIFT+I) and searched for "wds_mode_5g". 
I see that the enclosing div container is hidden in the new firmware, thus I enabled it with deleting the "hidden" from the "class". I set the "WDS mode" to "WDS1" from "Auto", reboot C6 and everything started to work"  I saw this comment on some other post, I dont have the WDS mode setting enable on the router page I have tried to do what is mentioned above but it does not work not able to get the option to enabled it, I have got the router replaced but having the same issue 

Any help in this matter will be gr8 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 4

Related Articles