OneMesh network - signal vs speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 16:38:00 - last edited 2022-02-04 16:42:08
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Let´s say I have:

a) 1 main OneMesh router in room A and 1 OneMesh extender in room B.

b) The main router allows 500 Mbps in room A and the extender in room B can receive up to 100 Mbps from the main router (and therefore its max transmitting speed is also 100).

c) The extender in room B is already in the optimal location to extend wireless to other rooms without losing too much performance.

There are many places in rooms A, B, C, D, etc, where I get similar signal strengths from both the main router and the extender.

In all these places where signal strengths are similar, if my device connects to the extender, I'll be limited to 100 Mbps, even if I could get much higher speeds if connected to the main router.

Taking this situation further on for a better understanding of my problem, there are also many places where I get higher speeds connected to the main router, even if I'm standing closer and with a better signal from the extender.

To sum up, many times the best connection is not with the device with higher signal strength.

Q1. Does OneMesh mitigate these problems when deciding to which antenna the connection will be established?

Or is there no action at all from OneMesh and the device will always connect to the onemesh antenna with higher strength, plain simple?

Q2. Is there anything one could do to improve this problem?

Main router: TP-Link Archer AX53 AX3000

Extender: TP-Link RE200 V4

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 0

Related Articles