X60 Wifi channel isn't changeable, why of why have You not included this option?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 Wifi channel isn't changeable, why of why have You not included this option?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-06 19:47:45
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Newest available

Hi.

I have a system X60, and I'm so confused!! In every single other system available on the market from other manufacturers, the changing of the WiFi channel is included. But in these, rather expensive units, the X60's, there is none! WHY IS THAT? And if what I can read in here in the Community, I'm not the only one irritated by that fact, so why can't you just make it a possibility for us, the customers, to have that option available? You also say in another thread in here, that the WiFi diagnostic and optimization feature when run, automatically will change to the least crowded channel, but that's simply not the reality of that WiFi optimization solution, because it will detect and tell you that the current channel its using, is extremely crowded and then it tells you that shifting to a different channel will be the most optimal solution, but it's just not possible! Why is that? Please let us, the customers, be able to make that decision ourselves, or at least fix the WiFi assistant feature, so it actually works! I'm so excited to see if and what answer you have for me. Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:X60 Wifi channel isn't changeable, why of why have You not included this option?
2022-02-07 23:39:48

As a followup, if the channel can't be changed, could we have control over the channel width being used, especially for 5.8GHz networks.   

My use case is X60's with wired backhaul.    200mbit internet service from my ISP.   I don't have any clients that need 80MHz channels.  Being able to select 20 or 40 would greatly lessen chances of interference and allow me to tune to my own network to my device mix.  

Default could be auto, or forced to 40 or 80 when wireless backhaul is used, as that makes sense that its likely needed.

Crossing fingers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 302

Replies: 1

Related Articles