Low Signal Strength

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low Signal Strength

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low Signal Strength
Low Signal Strength
2013-05-21 15:11:26
Region : India

Model : TL-WA500G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BSNL

I have a friend near to my house .. he uses an ADSL modem (Netgear DGN1000) which has a Broadband Connection.

I have TP-Link TL-WA500G and have set it up at Client Mode with all necessary security settings over it .

When I scan i can see the Signal from 10 Db to 15 Db ( :cool: I was amazed by TP-Link's Performance ;) )
I can connect it and successfully connect to the router but somehow I can't access the internet

My Question : At such low levels of Signals is it possible to have a internet connection ? Friend has a low bandwidth of 1 MBPS so it wouldn't bother me about bandwidth issues.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Low Signal Strength
2013-05-21 22:48:45
Options
2013-05-22 10:52:20

danymarc wrote

try UNIVERSAL REPEATER here http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=250

Thanks for your reply ...

But my question remains unanswered ..

My Question : At such low levels of Signals is it possible to have a internet connection ? Friend has a low bandwidth of 1 MBPS so it wouldn't bother me about bandwidth issues.
Options
2013-05-23 02:29:41
navneet you posted on #1 I can connect it and successfully connect to the router but somehow I can't access the internet so, whats more important for you getting internet or bandwidth issues, cause on the second one, you have no control of it, as you posted on #1 and #3 Friend has a low bandwidth of 1 MBPS so it wouldn't bother me about bandwidth
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 3

Related Articles