Archer C6 AC1200 DHCP issue with Mesh Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-12 09:22:15 - last edited 2022-02-12 10:07:10
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Hello,

i have an 'advanced' home network which is consist of the following devices:

- A main Archer C6 AC1200 router which is work only as router with a disabled wifi

- 1 Server and 6 PCs/Raspberry Pi

- 1 smart home system hub which is work also as primary DNS in order to connect from outside

- around 55 wifi devices

Most of the devices are controlled by the smart home hub and in order to make them connected all together i set most of the devices a static IP using the Address Reservation of the router. I had some issues with the DHCP Server sometimes but after a restart of the router the problems solved

Last month i decides to change my wifi network and i bought 4 Mesh Deco M4 devices. From that time i have many many issues my wifi device in the local network (note that devices that are connected through cable are working fine). I get many device timeouts, sometimes internet is slow, sometimes the Deco devices are disconnected and sometimes the router cannot assign IP address to the wifi devices. After a lot of hours looking for a solution i found out that if i delete delete the device from the Address Reservation of the router the wifi network has no issues, wifi connection is extremely fast and no timeouts. But my smart home system is useless because it need static ips in order to work with the logic i setup.

Any suggestion? Any solution? Is it a problem of the router? Is it a limit for a static ips?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 AC1200 DHCP issue with Mesh Deco M4
2022-02-12 15:18:34 - last edited 2022-02-12 15:20:25

@axydas 

Try to identify you router's FW region and HW version by its bottom sticker - then check on the support portal for a newer FW version and update if any.

The same goes for your Deco M4.

Are you using your Deco M4 in AP mode ? If you're not then try that and see if any difference.

If you've reached the DHCP address reservation limit on your router you'll receive an error message for that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 1