Very weird situation with router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-17 20:40:41
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: Newest

Hello, I have a very strange situation, the modem cannot communicate with the router. Although the WAN cable is connected to the modem, during configuration I get a message that the cable is not connected to the WAN port. Another strange issue is that the router cannot turn on if it has the WAN cable connected (3 LEDs are lit and nothing happens) after disconnecting the WAN cable the router immediately starts up and you can plug the WAN back in. One time I managed to get the modem connected to the router (I don't know how) but the speed through the cable was very low (2mbps) where as soon as the modem is connected directly to the computer the speed is 100mbps. Please help. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Very weird situation with router
2022-02-17 23:29:04

@Hubert123 

Reset the C50 to factory defaults and then re-configure from scratch.

If the issue persists try using another LAN port on the modem to connect the C50 (if there's more than one).

If the issue persists use another ethernet cable CAT5e/CAT6 to connect modem to C50.

If the issue persists then It's quite possible that your C50 WAN port is faulty. Contact your local support to be advised further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Related Articles