Deco E4 slave, red light and keep disconnecting every 10 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-18 15:04:43 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:39:39
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V.1.5.4

Hi,

My Main Deco E4 and my first slave in the same floor are working just fine.

But, my E4 slave in the second floor is getting blinking red light every 10 minutes, and disconnecting occasionally. I think it happened after firmware update, never happened before.

I can't move the deco slave any nearer the main, it's already in its best position.

Should I try to rollback and how?

Or what are other options I could do?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco E4 slave, red light and keep disconnecting every 10 minutes-Solution
2022-02-19 14:50:41 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:39:39

@Beungeut 

The first test should be to check if it is hardware problem. Switch second floor Satellite Deco with the first floor Satellite Deco, see if problem stays on the second floor (not hardware issue) or moved with Satellite Deco to the first floor (most likely - hardware issue).

If you checked for hardware issue and it is not it, the next test will be to find if signal between second floor Satellite Deco and Main Deco is strong. In Deco app, open page for second floor Satellite Deco, when that Deco is connected, and see what it shows under Signal Source. Example:

Less than 2 blue bars or one of two bands (2.4GHz or 5GHz) is missing in that picture means Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4 slave, red light and keep disconnecting every 10 minutes-Solution
2022-02-19 14:50:41 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:39:39

@Beungeut 

The first test should be to check if it is hardware problem. Switch second floor Satellite Deco with the first floor Satellite Deco, see if problem stays on the second floor (not hardware issue) or moved with Satellite Deco to the first floor (most likely - hardware issue).

If you checked for hardware issue and it is not it, the next test will be to find if signal between second floor Satellite Deco and Main Deco is strong. In Deco app, open page for second floor Satellite Deco, when that Deco is connected, and see what it shows under Signal Source. Example:

Less than 2 blue bars or one of two bands (2.4GHz or 5GHz) is missing in that picture means Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 625

Replies: 1