RE220 "No Host Network Connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-20 10:17:59 - last edited 2022-02-20 10:21:31
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20201022 Rel. 66896(6985/8575)

The range extender has been working no problem until now and just cut out randomly last night. Power light is on, no other LEDs are on. So far I have tried:

- Powering on / off

- Reconnecting to router via web browser

- Holding reset button for 3s and reconfiguring via web browser

- Checking that Mac filtering/access control / band steering functions on main router are disabled

- That the 5GHz channel on my main router is on DFS Channel

- Checked that all passwords match / typed correctly

Below is a screenshot of the status page - I'm connected to the main router now which is why the WiFi appears to be working in my taskbar. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE220 "No Host Network Connection"
2022-02-21 03:44:40

Hello   @cdo 

Thank you for creating the detailed post. 

From the photo, range extender has connected to 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi but host/ router's 2.4Ghz has no internet 

• Confirm router  2.4Ghz Wi-Fi has internet 
  • For Dual Band Range Extender, if the App or Web says ‘  No Host Network Connection  ‘, check if router 5Ghz Wi-Fi is on  DFS channel ( Brief introduction of DFS function)  change Router 5G channel to Band 1 channels (36, 40, 44, 48) and set up RE again

If still the same, 1) can I know the model of router,do you have range extender connected to router directly or through other extenders? 

2)  how long the extender has been working with the same Wi-Fi router? Did you recently change any wifi settings or update firmware of router?

3) After 3-5 mins range extender set up, please login RE web page, go to Settings-> system log> and save the log file of RE. 

Or can you login wifi router and also share the router log when Range extender try to connect to it . Thank you. 

Options
2022-02-23 11:32:11

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the suggestions. I have now:
- Confirmed that the router 2.4GHz has internet (I'm using it!)
- Checked that the router 5GHz Wi-Fi is on DFS channel (see screenshot below).

If still the same, 1) can I know the model of router,do you have range extender connected to router directly or through other extenders?

Router is BT Smart Hub 2, the range extender is connected wirelessly to the router.

2)  how long the extender has been working with the same Wi-Fi router? Did you recently change any wifi settings or update firmware of router?

I have been using this extender since May 2020 without issue. I have not changed any wifi settings. However, there was an automatic firmware update on Feb 11th to v0.31.00.10253-BT v0.31.00.10253-BT v0.31.00.10253-BT (this issue did not appear on this date though)

3) After 3-5 mins range extender set up, please login RE web page, go to Settings-> system log> and save the log file of RE.

Or can you login wifi router and also share the router log when Range extender try to connect to it . Thank you.

I've attached the log from the RE (syslog-2020-01-01.log-1.txt). Router log screenshot below - I powered on the RE at 11:25am

File:
syslog-2020-01-01.log-1.txtDownload
Options
2022-02-24 07:20:57

Hello  @cdo 

Thank you very much for more case details,  would like to escalate your case and see if our seniors has any suggestions.

Please check your inbox for support email TKID220226644, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Related Articles