Can main deco *REPLACE* the current main router ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-21 21:29:30 - last edited 2022-02-22 02:54:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

My current setup is :

(optical fiber to lan adapter) -> Archer c80 wired to : 1. deco M5 (as router) -> ethernet to PC + wifi access  | 2. old tplink (as router)

All the routers are capeable of 1Gb LAN, but I sometime get a limit of 100mb, which is solved either by miracle, or by switching ports on the Archer/unplugging+plugging the clients (I can see the 100mb limit in the Archer UI).

ALL MY CABLES ARE NEW CAT6a (and been tested elsewhere as well)

1. What will be a possible cause/solution for the 100mb limit ?

2. I want to buy some more decos. Can I replace the Archer c80 with a (main) deco that will be connected to a switch ?

Thanks !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can main deco *REPLACE* the current main router ?-Solution
2022-02-22 00:12:40 - last edited 2022-02-22 02:54:42

@m.f 

On your first question - go though this thread for details and troubleshooting options.

On your second question - your main Deco M5 can replace your existing Archer C80 as it supports the same WAN type connections:

If you want to benefit from Deco's ethernet backhaul you may refer to this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can main deco *REPLACE* the current main router ?-Solution
2022-02-22 00:12:40 - last edited 2022-02-22 02:54:42

@m.f 

On your first question - go though this thread for details and troubleshooting options.

On your second question - your main Deco M5 can replace your existing Archer C80 as it supports the same WAN type connections:

If you want to benefit from Deco's ethernet backhaul you may refer to this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 573

Replies: 1

Related Articles