Can't get my AC 1750: Archer C7 v2 to work as wireless range extender. Says "Run" but no internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't get my AC 1750: Archer C7 v2 to work as wireless range extender. Says "Run" but no internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-24 02:21:29
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Hi,

I've tried everything, followed all instructions to the letter for WPS bridging to make the router into an extender.

I enabled bridging, did Survey, set up channel and everything up correctly as per instructions.

Rebooted a few times. 

When I connect, under status the WPS says "Run".

But there is still no internet. I can access the router at 192.168.0.2, but there is no internet.

So it's not connecting or I'm doing something wrong.

My main router is an Archer AX50 with latest firmware. 

Please any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Todd

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't get my AC 1750: Archer C7 v2 to work as wireless range extender. Says "Run" but no internet.
2022-02-24 03:25:17

@TCDoe 

This is the guide you should use for building WDS with Archer C7 v2.

When building a WDS you should bare in mind that:

"In order to build a successful WDS connection between different devices, it requires that both devices use the same wireless MAC address format.For example,Site A uses 4-address MAC Address format in passive WDS bridge mode,Site B also uses 4-address MAC Address format in active WDS bridge mode.

WDS may be incompatible between different products (even occasionally from the same vendor) since the IEEE 802.11-1999 standard does not define how to construct any such implementations or how stations interact to arrange for exchanging frames of this format.-----From Wikipedia"

If you have configured the C7 according to this guide, C7 WDS status is "Run", but you still have no internet access when connected to C7, then probably the culprit is your main router.

You can check if that's the case if you try building a WDS with another main router (another TP-Link router, just not from AX series).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Can't get my AC 1750: Archer C7 v2 to work as wireless range extender. Says "Run" but no internet.
2022-02-24 18:11:14

Hi  @terziyski 

I followed your instructions and I perfectly get "Run" as before. There was no difference from your instructions and the previous ones I followed.

But still no internet on the Archer C7 - v2 (extended), and my AX3000 - A50 (main router).

I purchased a wireless extender (RE450) and it works fine so far.

This means to me, that the problem is not in the Main router, but in the C7.

It seems absurd that the C7 v2 won't WPS work with the AX50, many others have done it.

Is it possible I have a defective A7?

I will try an open source firmware on the C7 and see if that will work, and post the result back here.

Thank you. -T

Options
2022-02-24 19:55:13

@TCDoe 

I doubt that C7 is defective. I've seen problems building WDS with AX series routers as a main device.

That's why I recommended testing C7 with another router which is not from AX series.

As for the RE450 - it's not the same as using the C7's WDS feature, so with RE450 it should work out of the box.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 3