Not able to configure router as Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-24 12:41:24
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1_3.17

I configured my TL-WR845N router as range extender but it is not able to connect to the internet. No errors in the configuration but still not able to access the internet. Can anyone help me in troubleshooting the issue?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Not able to configure router as Range Extender
2022-02-24 16:42:42

@impneeraj 

You should use this guide for configuring the WR845N in RE mode. Make sure you're placing the WR845N according to the step 5 in the guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-24 16:56:15

@terziyski I followed the same steps. It configured correctly but after reboot not able to connect to internet. But my main router is connected with the internet at that time. 

Also, this happened when my ISP recently upgraded his router. In the old router I was able to use the same TP Link router as range extender. 

Options
2022-02-24 20:30:33

@impneeraj 

In that case there should be some kind of incompatibility between the new ISP router and WR845N.

What you could do (if it's possible) is to use the WR845N in Access Point mode (running ethernet cable between devices).

The connection between routers would be steadier and the bandwidth better than with RE mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-25 14:25:46

@terziyski 

I tried making TP Link router as AP and it is working fine. But the issue is I have to setup TP Link router at some distance to the main router. So it may need a long Ethernet RJ45 cable.

There is any other way I can achieve configuring my TP Link router in RE mode?

Options
2022-02-25 15:40:44

@impneeraj 

Theoretically you can run a 100m ethernet cable CAT5E without an issue between the two routers.

If that's not possible (due to your infrastructure characteristics) the only option is to ask your ISP for another router which may be compatible with WR845N.

Options