Speed across the home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed across the home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speed across the home
Speed across the home
2022-03-02 06:10:34
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Rel 75384

Hi All, I'm nee to this forum. Bought a Deco EN yesterday. I have completed the setup. I have a 3 floor home and I have one in each floor. The main is connected to my modem in which I get 100 Mbps and in the first floor it reduces to 30 Mbps and in the ground floor one its only 5 Mbps. Is there anything that I'm missing in the configuration? I want to see the same speed in all the routers. Any help on this will be much appreciated

Thanks 

Partha

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed across the home
2022-03-02 19:06:46

@Partha.Dharma Your Deco units have 2 Antennas, so your main is broacasting to your first floor, which then repeats to your ground floor. This is where the Triband rounters excel. One way to fix this, if feasible, is to run an ethernet cables (aka ethernet backhaul), daisy chaining your Deco units (one cable from the main to 1st floor, and a second from 1st floor to ground floor).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 1

Related Articles