Subpar/slow 2.4 Ghz wifi and QoS weirdness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-04 11:07:58 - last edited 2022-03-04 11:20:31
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20220117 Rel. 52085(4555)

Hi,

I bought a new TP Link Archer AX10 (AX1500, V1.2 hardware revision) yesterday, but i already seem to encounter some issues :

Wifi : 

- The 2.4 Ghz wifi is slow for no reason, i reach an average of 50 to 90 mbps down and 5 to 18 mbps up, with a more than capable device (iPhone 13 Pro Max) right in front of the router. The issue can be replicated on other devices, including a PC with an Intel AX201 

It seems that the range of the 2.4 Ghz isn't great either, it generally seems to drop down at the same level as the 5 Ghz one, for instance if i go in my garden i'll have 2 bars/3 on both 2.4 and 5.0, and would still achieve over 200 mbps on 5.0 vs around 50 on 2.4

My ISP speeds are 400 mbps down/20 mbps up, and i have a steady close to max speed on wired or 5 Ghz.

This problem renders the 2.4 Ghz band virtually useless since i get slow speeds and better results even regarding range on 5 Ghz, and it's quite annoying since i'd like to leave only "essential" devices on 5 Ghz and everything else on 2.4

QoS : 

- I tried to set the QoS based on my ISP speeds and prioritized my main computer, but after doing so, the said computer wouldn't get more than around 15 mbps down. Why is that ? I ended up having to disable QoS

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Subpar/slow 2.4 Ghz wifi and QoS weirdness
2022-03-07 09:34:52

Hi @Technician78945    

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

For your 2.4G slow speed issue, it is suggested to change the 2.4G wireless channel and channel width. 

Please change the channel width to 40Mhz, and try different Channel.

Note: channels 1, 6 and 11 are generally best, but they also be affected by the actual situation. It is suggested to download Wi-Fi analyzer application to analyze which channel is the best one.  

After you adjust channel and channel width, if 2.4G speed is still slow, please connect one device to the 2.4G of the router, then locate the device about 3 meters away from the router, and go to speedtest.net to test the speed, how much speed can you get?

Please also help me confirm the link speed on this device at the same time. How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

As for the QoS issue, it is a little weird. Please send us the screenshof of your QoS settings, then we can have a check.

Thanks for your cooperation and have a nice day~

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 1