Configure dns for server VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-04 13:51:09
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11
Hello,

I configured a VPN server on my openVPN type TPLINK router. It works very well except that the client automatically receives the IP of the tplink router as the primary DNS.

I have a DNS server on my network to manage local domain names for my equipment. I would therefore like to be able to specify the address of my DNS server to the VPN server so that once connected in VPN on my network I can access my equipment thanks to their names.

Is it possible to configure the DNS used by the VPN server?

I see that the secondary dns that the VPN server sends to the client matches the primary dns address in the router's DHCP config. There must be a way to specify a specific primary address for it.

Thank you in advance for your help

Olivier
Options
1 Reply
Re:Configure dns for server VPN
2022-03-08 08:25:17

Hi @ocrv      

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Theoretically, that is possible to specify the address of your local DNS server to the VPN server.

Please fill in your local DNS server in the Primary DNS and see if it works. 

Here is an similar reference for you How to use Pi-Hole DNS Server on TP-Link routers?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1277

Replies: 1

Related Articles