Archer C7 in Router Mode and Deco M5 Mesh system in Access point mode - should use One Mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 in Router Mode and Deco M5 Mesh system in Access point mode - should use One Mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 10:16:44 - last edited 2022-03-07 12:53:14
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 20211210 rel.51212(4555)

I have an Archer C7 router working in Router Mode and 3 Deco M5 devices set up in Access Point mode to spread the wifi signal throughout my home.
I have disabled the Wireless on my C7 router so that wifi signal comes only from my Deco devices.

Recently I noticed that the Archer C7 router has some new OneMesh option. I was wondering whether it is possible to re-enable the Wifi on the Archer along with the OneMesh option and re-configure the Decos in a way that allows the Router to also emit Wifi - with the hope to extend range and reliability (cuz currently the Archer does not emit Wifi signal at all).

Would you recommend that? Is Archer C7 OneMesh compatible with Deco M5?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C7 in Router Mode and Deco M5 Mesh system in Access point mode - should use One Mesh?-Solution
2022-03-07 12:24:02 - last edited 2022-03-07 12:53:14

@mdzh 

I wouldn't recommend that. You already have the optimal setup.

OneMesh and Deco mesh are not compatible - see the difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 in Router Mode and Deco M5 Mesh system in Access point mode - should use One Mesh?-Solution
2022-03-07 12:24:02 - last edited 2022-03-07 12:53:14

@mdzh 

I wouldn't recommend that. You already have the optimal setup.

OneMesh and Deco mesh are not compatible - see the difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 1

Related Articles