High ping.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

High ping.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
High ping.
High ping.
2022-03-07 12:32:09 - last edited 2022-03-14 01:10:30
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So recently I bought a new modem which currently sits in my living room, before I had my modem in my room which is upstairs. 
since my room is too far from my living room I bought the RE450 Extender, connected it using the app with my modem, and connected the extender to my pc using a CAT8 internet cable. 
I live in Israel and for some reason in some games such as Fortnite or Overwatch I get an unusual high ping and my region changes as well. 

Fortnite for example, without the extender my region is Europe and I get a solid 60-70 ping, with the extender my region is Middle East and my ping is about 250. 
In Overwatch, it don't even let me join games, it's just automatically kicks me and tells me "failed to connect to servers".
The only way I can fix it is to use a VPN and connect it to a smart location and I also don't have a Wi-Fi option on my pc. 

What can I do with my router to fix this issue. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:High ping.
2022-03-13 12:38:32 - last edited 2022-03-14 01:10:30

@ProDG Try to make this connection between your router and the repeater via cable, this should solve your problem, it is also an access point.

Options
2022-03-14 01:12:05
What do you mean by that? If you mean to connecting the Extander with my Router downstairs than it isn’t possible, it’s too far.
Options
2022-03-14 10:45:32 - last edited 2022-03-14 10:48:42

@ProDG could you then find an outlet closer to the Router? Then your repeater would have a much better signal... But unfortunately in your case there aren't many options, either leave the repeater closer to the router or bring the router closer to the repeater. And the third option is you try to change the router for a more powerful one... This would expand the coverage and signal between router and repeater would be much better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 9

Related Articles