My AX50 v1.0 router does not keep static route after restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-12 11:31:19
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485

Hello!
I am facing a very frustrating situation.
On my home network I have a separate connection for vpn access to the work server. So, I added a static route and when I want to access the server's IP from work, it has to go through the VPN device.
Everything works perfectly until the AX50 router restarts (either reboot schedule or power loss).
To make everything work again, I need to disable and re-enable that static route.
Does anyone have a solution? Can tp-link fix this? I've seen people complain about this for other models as well.
Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:My AX50 v1.0 router does not keep static route after restart
2022-03-19 00:16:02

@A.Julian 

A.Julian wrote

Hello!
I am facing a very frustrating situation.
On my home network I have a separate connection for vpn access to the work server. So, I added a static route and when I want to access the server's IP from work, it has to go through the VPN device.
Everything works perfectly until the AX50 router restarts (either reboot schedule or power loss).
To make everything work again, I need to disable and re-enable that static route.
Does anyone have a solution? Can tp-link fix this? I've seen people complain about this for other models as well.
Thanks!

My first tp link router ever. Had it a month and was happy with it until I encountered this issue, as we are running security cameras that have to be set back up again every time the router is reset.

Was talked into tp link by the salesperson wish I had stuck with the Asus router I was gonna buy never had a problem with them and static routing. 😢 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 1