Deco M5 limited to 100mbps on wifi (gigbit speeds coming in and out of the M5 through ethernet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 limited to 100mbps on wifi (gigbit speeds coming in and out of the M5 through ethernet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 15:07:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel. 43499

I have just installed gigabit fibre into the house and am getting 970mbps - 1.2 gbps into all devices with an installed ethernet cable.  I'm using Cat 6 and have checked the cable coming into the main M5 unit and the speed at that inbound cable is gigabit I also have a cable coming out of the M5 to an xbox and that is also getting  gigabit speeds. 

The wifi however is only 100-110mbps coming out of the M5.  This is the same regardless of having just 1 M5 or the main M5 and 1 satellite M5.

I have isolated the M5 by unplugging the xbox cable and the wifi performance is still limited to 100-110mbps.  The M5 was in the house before the fibre, so I also deleted the old network from the Deco and started with a fresh network, still no difference - it's limited to 100-110mbps.

Please advise on how to get faster wifi speeds from the M5.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 381

Replies: 0