Connecting a range extender to another range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-19 02:00:33
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

i bought a RE220 to extend my wifi. All connected and working but doesn't reach as far as I need. I bought a second RE220 assuming I could connect it to the original range extender- essentially daisy chaining the signal. But I cannot work out how to connect the RE to the other. 
Is it possible? 
And if not - any ideas how I can get further range?

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting a range extender to another range extender
2022-03-20 04:49:10

@Cassie13 Yes, there is, but connecting a repeater to another repeater is not recommended due to the loss of quality of the wireless connection.
Well in your case as you got 2 repeaters I will present you two options.
1 - You can change the location of your main router placing it more centralized in the environment and with that you would use the repeaters to take the signal where it is not arriving, always trying to connect the repeaters directly to the router (REMEMBER REPEATERS MUST BE CONNECTED TO ROUTERS, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE HEADACHES WITH IT)
Now let's go to solution number two.
2 - You could leave it as it is (router and repeater number one) and use the second repeater you bought, but as you said the distance is great, I recommend connecting via ethernet cable, connecting the second repeater to your router by network. With this you will achieve good stability on the network and you will be able to enjoy the second repeater you purchased without having thrown your money away.
Well my recommendations are these... I hope some of these help you.

But to help you in a more detailed and accurate way I will tag one of the moderators here

@Solla-topee

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1263

Replies: 1

Related Articles