Adding Ports Using Switcch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 22:54:06
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased a Deco for our home. I have four devices connected to my prior router. After realizing I needed more ports for my Deco (I am new at this), I realized I must add a switch to my Deco. The Deco's ports are not labeled, so I assume I can connect the switch to either port. Although I need only four more ports at this point, I'm thinking that given the minor marginal cost of an eight-port switch versus a five-port switch, I will add the eight-port switch. TP Link offers several eight-port switches. For the Deco, is any model better than the others? Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding Ports Using Switcch
2022-03-22 14:44:09 - last edited 2022-03-22 15:21:49

@BrianHo 

Any TP-Link consumer grade switch can do. I would recommend those with minimum features. Look for "unmanaged" switches. Also, make sure it is gigabit switch, because TP-Link still sells at least one 8-port switch model which is "Fast Ethernet," meaning 100Mbps. You don't want that one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 1

Related Articles