Wifi router suddenly won't recognise USB drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 19:37:35 - last edited 2022-03-26 19:49:25
Model: TL-WDR4300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.13.33 Build 130617 Rel.46239n

Yesterday the router stopped recognising the USB drive which has been plugged in to it for years. (Two days ago it was fine - I was able to copy files onto the drive.) On the page for USB settings, which usually shows the drive as "volume 9" it now doesn't find any volumes at all. Clicking on Rescan produces the result shown below. The USB drive is fine - it works normally when I plug it straight in to a computer. I tried plugging a different USB drive into the router but that isn't recognised either. I have tried rebooting the router but that doesn't work.

The USB status lights on the back of the unit are also off even when the drive is plugged in.

I assume I have the latest firmware, although I can't find any downloads for this exact model on the tp-link site.

Is this likely to be some permanent failure of the router or is there a possible solution, before I look to buy a replacement?

Grateful for advice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 0

Related Articles