WR841N Router is dead after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-30 15:21:57
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version:

Hello,

i have TL-WR841N router V9. Everything was fine until i tried to upgrade the firmware from your official page.

Now the router is dead and i am not able to use it. The power and internet led lights are on. Pls see the attachments.

Regards,

Slavjan Ivanov

Options
3 Reply
Re:WR841N Router is dead after firmware upgrade
2022-03-30 18:10:28

@slajvan 

Which FW release did you use for upgrading ? Do you remember the old FW release version ?

Here are the FW releases for your device - pay attention to the notes in red.

Try resetting the router to its factory defaults and see if you can access the device by wire or wirelessly.

If you have made a backup that would be helpfull to restore its configuration easily.

If that's not possible you have to re-configure the device from scratch.

How to reset to factory defaults:

"WPS/RESET: This button is used for both WPS and Reset function. To use the WPS
function, press it for less than five seconds; to use the RESET function, press it for more
than five seconds."

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-03-30 18:19:57

@terziyski 

Thank you for the reply. Yes i tried everything and nothing worked. The router is completely blocked. Lan ports are not recognized when i put the cable inside. I tried with the latest firmware version for v9 from 2015 year. Tried also with tftp procedure for recovery but lan ports are not working. Very weird situation. I am network engineer so i have pretty enough experience for this kind of upgrade.

Options
2022-03-30 19:16:58 - last edited 2022-03-31 13:21:22

@slajvan 

If you already tried to restore the FW and it doesn't work then probably it's time to get a new device.

I had a 841N which was ver9.2 too but it died recently - I replaced it with the new ver.14 which supports 4 different modes - here are the specs.

The only downside is that it has a single LED for the ethernet connected devices.

Or you can upgrade to a dual band wireless router - there are some new cheap models like C24. C54, C64 (I am using this one and it's pretty decent).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 788

Replies: 3

Related Articles