Unable to change owner TPLink Account in Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-04 16:43:46 - last edited 2022-04-06 07:23:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Unable to change the owner of the Deco setup/ network setting in the Deco app.

Apparently this functionality was available from around Sep/ Oct 2021 but I see it no longer is to change owner email address/ TP-Link ID.

I am running the latest 1.5.4 firmware on the M4, latest 1.06 on my one M3W, and the latest Deco app.

Can anyone assist, I'd not like to nuke everything in my config and re-setup my Deco netwwork just to change which TP-Link ID email it uses.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to change owner TPLink Account in Deco App-Solution
2022-04-05 14:16:18 - last edited 2022-04-06 07:23:45
Figured it out. I needed to remove the M3W as the firmware is ancient. Only then could I see the Change Owner option. You then change owner to the new email address, remove and reinstall the app, as it won't pick up the new bind if you don't, and then once you signed in with the new owner email and bind the network, add the M3W back to the environment.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to change owner TPLink Account in Deco App-Solution
2022-04-05 14:16:18 - last edited 2022-04-06 07:23:45
Figured it out. I needed to remove the M3W as the firmware is ancient. Only then could I see the Change Owner option. You then change owner to the new email address, remove and reinstall the app, as it won't pick up the new bind if you don't, and then once you signed in with the new owner email and bind the network, add the M3W back to the environment.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1066

Replies: 1

Related Articles