TL-WR841N remote management while in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-05 17:30:11
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 0.9.14.18

I am tring to find out if you remote manage the TL-WR841N while it is in AP mode.

If so how? Currently, when i remote in all i get is a Teal bar across the top of the screen and thats it. no logos, no log in boxs. its just the Teal bar across the top.

can some please help me with this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR841N remote management while in AP mode
2022-04-05 21:04:50 - last edited 2022-04-05 21:06:16

@adtdata 

Make sure that you're with the latest FW for your device first.

I presume you have configured port-forwarding on your main router to 841N LAN IP address on port 80:

Then try using http://<your public IP address>:51080 to access the 841N (given your 841N LAN IP address is 192.168.1.254 - example above).

The other way is to try using the Tether app for that but keep in mind the following:

"Q7: Does Tether work if my TP-Link devices work as Access Point?
 A: Currently, only some TP-Link Wi-Fi routers or range extenders support Tether App under access point mode. If your Tether App cannot detect your TP-Link device working as access point mode or just detect your TP-Link device as an unknown device, I am afraid that your TP-Link device cannot support this feature yet. You may contact TP-Link Technical Support to get more info."

Apart from these two there's no other way to do that except using a VPN server on your main router (if that's possible).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 1